Friday, July 20, 2007

here and safe!

i arrived in chochabamba around 8 am on wednesday morning after going through some craziness in the airport however my luggage didnt make it. mr. mike took me to the hacienda where i showered and fortunately had an extra tee shirt in my carry on to put on...it was freezing so i borrowed a sweat shirt to wear and sweat pants to sleep in from the closet that is for donation clothes. he picked me up around 11 and with two of his daughters we headed to the zhapari jungle...we drove for about 4 hours and stopped to see on group of interns that were working on an orphanage there was about 6 of them and then we drove another 2 hours to where the team from south carolina and 5 other interns were working. we stayed at a hostal that night and then woke up early the next morning and worked until 11 pm on concreting a new home they are building next to a baptist church. the orphanages that the timmers build and run here and home with house parents that have been partnered up with a church that have 8-10 children in them so far there are two up and going and two in the process of being built. thursday while we were working during our breaks we would play with the kids..mainly soccer...that night i spent the night in the church with the other interns while the team went back to the hostal. we slept in hammocks they had hanging up..it was pretty interesting i must say. friday..today.. we drove back which took the whole day pretty much. now all of the interns and team is staying at the hacienda. i still havent been havent been able to get my luggage so please pray that we can go get it and that it will have arrived soon...wearing the same clothes for 3 days gets pretty old. also please pray for strength it´s very different to be considered an intern rather than with my church group...a lot more independence and work! it´s all good though. i miss everyone very much and already can´t wait to share some of my experiences with you personally. thank you everyone who wrote me a letter it has meant so much to be able to read those and also the scripture that several people of given me has been so encouraging!
love ya´ll
CARRiE

4 comments:

renee chambers said...

man this blog stuff is new to me! i am so excited you are there and safe. Your mom is keeping me updated, i wanted to jump on here very quick to let you know that we are praying for you and are praying for your luggage to arrive very SOON!

i will write more later, but know that we miss you so much, but we are definitely willing to share you with those that God has put before you! THank you for your willingness to do HIS work!

love you!

karicr said...

Carrie,
I am so relieved you arrived safe and sound, but very sorry to hear you don't have your luggage! This is your first test, patience, and I know you will pass as you have already started to work in spite of the inconveinance this has caused you. I am keeping my commitment to pray for you everyday at 8:00am and 8:00pm, our time, but God has brought you to my mind even more during the day. Probably because I am at the beach with fewer distractions, and I pray for you often. Hang in there and learn from the difficult moments you face. We love you! Mrs Kari

rag2v@mtsu.edu said...

CARRIE! Ahh I just about cried when I read your facebook.I miss you SO much! I am sorry to hear about your luggage. But you concreting? Hard working girl! Look at you! I'm not gonna lie though, sleeping in a hammock sounds really cool. I know that this is a difficult time for you right now but know that God is already teaching you things and know that like the Imogen Heap song, "there's beauty in the breakdown."

I LOVE YOU!

Rachael

Bill Prine said...

Carrie, I am so proud of you. We are praying for you. This may sound trite, but the safest place to be is in God's will. You are There! You are getting a Christian world view not many of us my age have. You are changing and will continue to change the world He loves. Isaiah 41:10 is a verse I claim for you: Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you for I am your God. Surely I will help you. Surely I will strengthen you. Surely I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. And He will.

Dr. P