Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Chapare Jungle

So we just got back from the Chapare Jungle Tuesday night around 11:00! It was really so amazing to spend a week there and very humbling. we stayed in a small town where everyone knows eachother and they are all so sweet. the site where we are building the orphanage is right next to the church (the only church in the town) that we are partnered up with. we slept in hammocks in the church which was pretty interesting but i liked it and the weather was perfect...hot during the day and chilly at night. a lady from the church owns a restaurant so she cooked lunch and dinner for us every day. also pretty much every day there was some kind of a celebration for example thursday was day of the indigenous people and monday was the birthday of bolivia. so the kids basically didn´t go to school the whole time we were there and there were about 4 different parades we got to watch. the parades just consisited of everyone in the town marching down the street and a band playing the same song for about 45 minutes straight...it was quite humorous. we were able to get a lot of construction done and some of the kids we grew close to even helped some we had a great time working. on monday morning we were able to go walk through the jungle for about an hour....it was so cool...we saw parrots,monkeys,tons of ants, beautiful flowers, wild fruits growing. so basically we had a great time in the chapare...im so glad that i was able to stay there for a week but it is good to be back in cochabamba.
thank you so much to everyone who has been praying for me and sending me encouragement. it has meant so much to both me and my family. the Lord really was able to let me feel at peace this past week and really taught me how He is the only thing that can fully bring me satisfaction and He is the ultimate comforter...also i know that He is in complete control and like many of you have even said to me He sent me here during this time knowing that mammaw would pass away and so I know He has a plan for me being here. He has already taught me so much and has really been able to work in my life and let me work in bolivia....that i am so thankful for.
it´s crazy to think that i only have 2 more weeks here and then i will be back...so please continue to pray for me that i can work hard these next 2 weeks with whatever i do. also please continue to pray for the orphanage at villa israel with the 3 brothers...there is a temporary woman staying there but there really needs to be a new set of house parents soon so that the boys can have some parents there. also several of the other interns have been getting sick off and on so please keep them in your prayers also. seriously thank you so much everyone for everything! i cant wait to see each of you individually and talk with you about bolivia!
love you,
CARRiE

2 comments:

karicr said...

Your blog was so "newsy" on your time in the jungle. You sound wonderful and totally at peace. I know the Lord has given you that. The part I liked the most was when you said "The Lord really was able to let me feel at peace this past week and really taught me how He is the only thing that can fully bring me satisfaction and He is the ultimate comforter... This is the TRUTH! You continue to be in our prayers daily. Stay safe and get the most out of these last 2 weeks. Before you know it, it will be a wonderful memory and you will wonder how the time went so fast. We love you.
Kari
Psalm 27:4

Emily said...

YO Carrie
Sounds to me like those jungle folk know how to have a good time. Speaking of a good time... Hanson is coming to concert in Nashville this September!!! I felt this was very important news and I got online just to tell you about it. I knew you would want to know and you had better be going with me. It really makes me happy to see how excited you are about what is happening there. I know this is an experience you will never forget. I love you so much and think of you alot (especially when I hear about Hanson).
em